How to ping test in Windows 8
- Move the mouse to the right-hand corner of the screen to make the vertical menu bar (charm bar) appear. Click Search.
- Type “cmd” in the search bar and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Click cmd found in the search results for Programs.
- A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type “ping” and then hit the Space bar on your keyboard.
- Type in the address you’d like to ping and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard. Wait for the ping results.
Credit from : https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/How_to_run_a_ping_test