How To Fix Msvcp71.dll Not Found or Missing Errors
A Troubleshooting Guide for Msvcp71.dll Errors
Msvcp71.dll Error Message.
Msvcp71.dll errors are caused by situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the msvcp71 DLL file.
In some cases, msvcp71.dll errors could indicate a registry problem, a virus or malware issue or even a hardware failure.
There are several different ways that msvcp71.dll errors can show up on your computer. Here are some of the more common ways that you might see one:
Msvcp71.dll Not Found
This application failed to start because msvcp71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Cannot find [PATH]\msvcp71.dll
The file msvcp71.dll is missing.
Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcp71.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
Msvcp71.dll error messages might appear while using or installing certain programs, when Windows starts or shuts down, or maybe even during a Windows installation.
The context of the msvcp71.dll error is an important piece of information that will be helpful while solving the problem.
The msvcp71.dll error message could apply to any program or system that might utilize the file on any of Microsoft's operating systems including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
How To Fix Msvcp71.dll Errors
Important: Do not download msvcp71.dll from a "DLL download" website. There are many reasons why downloading a DLL file is a bad idea. If you need a copy of msvcp71.dll, it's best to obtain it from its original, legitimate source.
Note: Start Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps if you're unable to access Windows normally due to the msvcp71.dll error.
- Reinstall the program that uses the msvcp71.dll file. If the msvcp71.dll DLL error occurs when you use a particular program, reinstalling the program should replace the file. Msvcp71.dll files are Microsoft C Runtime library files that even non-Microsoft programs may require in order to function normally.
Important: Try your best to complete this step. Reinstalling the program that provides the msvcp71.dll file, if possible, is a likely solution to this DLL error.
- Run the sfc /scannow System File Checker command to replace a missing or corrupt copy of the msvcp71.dll file. This DLL file is provided by Microsoft in some versions of Windows, so the System File Checker tool may restore it.
- Restore msvcp71.dll from the Recycle Bin. The easiest possible cause of a "missing" msvcp71.dll file is that you've mistakenly deleted it. If you suspect that you've accidentally deleted msvcp71.dll but you've already emptied the Recycle Bin, you may be able to recover msvcp71.dll with a free file recovery program.
Important: Recovering a deleted copy of msvcp71.dll with a file recovery program is a smart idea only if you're confident you've deleted the file yourself and that it was working properly before you did that.
- Install any available Windows updates. Many service packs and other patches replace or update some of the hundreds of Microsoft distributed DLL files on your computer. The msvcp71.dll file could be included in one of those updates.
- Download the msvcp71.dll files from a trusted source. I know I just warned above about downloading DLL files, but AddictiveTips (the website linked here) is a website I trust that provides a clean, unaltered msvcp71.dll file that you can download if your computer is missing the DLL.
Important: I have full confidence that the msvcp71.dll download provided here is safe to use because I compared their msvcp71.dll file with one that I know is valid from my own Windows installation, and they matched perfectly. That said, please follow the troubleshooting prior to this step before going this route.
- Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system. Some msvcp71.dll errors could be related to a virus or other malware infection on your computer that has damaged the DLL file. It's even possible that the msvcp71.dll error you're seeing is related to a hostile program that's masquerading as the file.
- Use System Restore to undo recent system changes. If you suspect that the msvcp71.dll error was caused by a change made to an important file or configuration, a System Restore could solve the problem.
- Roll back a driver to a previously installed version if msvcp71.dll errors began after updating a particular hardware device's driver.
- Test your memory and then test your hard drive. I've left the majority of hardware troubleshooting to the last step, but your computer's memory and hard drive are easy to test and are the most likely components that might cause msvcp71.dll errors as they fail.
If the hardware fails any of your tests, replace the memory or replace the hard drive as soon as possible.
- Repair your installation of Windows. If the individual msvcp71.dll file troubleshooting advice above is unsuccessful, performing your operating system's "auto repair" should restore all Windows DLL files to their working versions.
- Use a free registry cleaner to repair msvcp71.dll related issues in the registry. A free registry cleaner program may be able to help by removing invalid msvcp71.dll registry entries that might be causing the DLL error.
Important: I rarely recommend the use of registry cleaners. I've included the option here as a "last resort" attempt before the destructive step coming up next.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows. A clean install of Windows will erase everything from the hard drive and install a fresh copy of Windows. If none of the steps above correct the msvcp71.dll error, this should be your next course of action.
Important: All the information on your hard drive will be erased during a clean install. Make sure you've made the best attempt possible to fix the msvcp71.dll error using a troubleshooting step prior to this one.
- Troubleshoot for a hardware problem if any msvcp71.dll errors persist. After a clean install of Windows, your DLL problem can only be hardware related.
Still Having Msvcp71.dll Issues?
See Get More Help for information about contacting me on social networks or via email, posting on tech support forums, and more. Be sure to let me know the exact msvcp71.dll error message that you're seeing and what steps, if any, you've already taken to fix the problem.
If you don't like the idea of fixing this DLL issue yourself, see How Do I Get My Computer Fixed? for a full list of your support options, plus help with everything along the way like figuring out repair costs, getting your files off, choosing a repair service, and a whole lot more.
Credit : https://www.lifewire.com