Search: Advanced search
Browse by category:
How to restore a Windows 8 laptop or PC to factory default settings
1. Please move the mouse to the bottom right corner to initialize the charm bar.
If you are using the touch screen, you need to swipe in from the right edge of your screen to initialize the charm bar.
2. Click "Settings".
3. Click "Change PC settings".
4. Click [General] then select [Remove everything and reinstall Windows].
5. Click [Get started].
If the operating system is "Windows 8.1", please click "Update and recovery", then select [Remove everything and reinstall Windows].
6. Click [Next].
Note: All your personal files and apps will be removed.
7. Select the drives which you want to remove.
- Only the drive where Windows is installed : Only remove the files in the drive where Windows is installed.
- All drives : Remove all files in the drives.
Note: It is recommended to back up the important files to the external storage.
8. Select the proper options to clean your drive.
9. Click "Reset" to reset your PC.
Note: Please make sure you have made a backup of the important files. It is strongly recommended to connect the power supply to the laptop.